This post was born out of a Facebook trend. It was too good to pass up. The only instructions were to corner each kid and ask them the following questions without hints or suggestions.
For reference, J1 is Jeremy (almost 12) and J2 is Jackson (freshly 9).
1. What is something mom always says to you?
J1: Don’t argue with your mother.
J2: Do chores.
2. What makes mom happy?
J1: When you pick flowers for her or make her breakfast in bed
J2: When you give her a hug
3. What makes mom sad?
J1: When my brother and I argue
J2: When Dad is gone for a while
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
J1: We have our inside jokes.
J2: She does silly things.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
J1: I don’t know how to answer that.
J2: What do you mean? I don’t know your childhood.
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
J1: Five eleven?
J2: Like five foot six something?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
J1: Run with the dog
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
J1: She and Dad watch Mad Men
J2: Goes on Girls Weekend
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
J1: She will become a famous author
J2: An author
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
J1: Making me laugh. Ha! Just joking. Playing sports.
J2: Nothing much.
13. What does your mom do for a job?
J1: She, uh… she homeschools me, I guess.
J2: Um, she homeschools kids
14.What is your mom’s favorite food?
J1: Wine. If that looks bad on the internet, I’m sorry, Mom.
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
J1: When I play soccer, she encourages me.
J2: You buy all our food and clothes
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
J1: Princess Leia
J2: Mary Jane Watson
17. What do you and your mom do together?
J1: Build Legos
J2: Go to the library and read
18. How are you and your mom the same?
J1: We both breathe.
J2: We have reading in common and a lot of other stuff.
19. How are you and your mom different?
J1: She doesn’t play soccer.
J2: I’m a boy and she’s a girl. She’s faster than me too.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
J1: She cheers me on and picks me up when I’m sad.
J2: Cause all moms love their kids!
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
J1: His beard.
J2: That he’s an agent
22. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
J1: Seattle. That’s just a guess. Probably the library or Starbucks.
J2: I’ve never really thought about that. I don’t know. Restaurants?
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?